History

Towards the end of 1952, through the efforts of Zenon Pierides, a distinguished banker and businessman, a group of 22 prominent citizens of Larnaca formed the Rotary Club of Larnaca, under the sponsorship of the Rotary Club of Nicosia, the oldest club in Cyprus. The club was chartered in April 1953, with Zenon Pierides being elected its first President.

The club won the Attalla Attendance Shield, awarded to the club having the highest rate of attendance for four consecutive years, for the years 1967-1971.

In 2013, the Rotary Club of Larnaca celebrated its 60th anniversary.